Fusion IT – Your Trusted IT Support Partner in West Yorkshire
Fusion IT is a leading provider of comprehensive IT support and solutions for businesses in West Yorkshire. With over 20 years of experience in the industry, we specialise in delivering reliable and efficient IT services tailored to meet the unique needs of our clients.
At Fusion IT, we offer a wide range of IT support services to help businesses thrive in the digital landscape. Our dedicated team of experts is committed to providing top-notch solutions that enhance productivity and streamline operations.
Our services include:-
- Managed IT Services: We take care of your IT systems and provide proactive monitoring, maintenance, and support to minimize downtime and maximize productivity.
- Network Setup and Support: We design, implement, and manage robust network infrastructure to ensure seamless connectivity and efficient data transfer.
- Cloud Solutions: We help businesses leverage the benefits of cloud computing, including scalability, flexibility, and cost savings, through strategic planning, migration, and management.
- Data Backup and Recovery: We implement reliable backup solutions and develop data recovery strategies to protect your critical business information from loss or corruption.
- Cybersecurity Solutions: We safeguard your business against evolving cyber threats by implementing robust security measures, conducting risk assessments, and providing employee training.
- Hardware and Software Solutions: We assist with hardware and software procurement, installation, and configuration, ensuring that you have the right tools to support your business operations.
- IT Consultancy: We offer expert guidance and strategic advice to help you make informed decisions about your IT infrastructure, aligning technology solutions with your business objectives.
- 24/7 Helpdesk Support: Our dedicated support team is available round the clock to address your IT issues and provide timely assistance whenever you need it.
Why Choose Fusion IT?
When it comes to IT support for businesses in West Yorkshire, Fusion IT is the partner you can rely on.
- Expertise: Our team consists of highly skilled IT professionals with extensive knowledge and experience in delivering effective solutions.
- Reliability: We understand the critical role of technology in your business. We ensure that your IT systems are always up and running, minimizing downtime and maximizing productivity.
- Customised Solutions: We believe that every business is unique, and we tailor our services to fit your specific requirements. Our solutions are designed to align with your business goals and deliver the best outcomes.
- Proactive Support: We take a proactive approach to IT support, monitoring your systems round the clock and resolving issues before they impact your operations. Our goal is to keep your IT infrastructure running smoothly and securely.
- Cost Efficiency: We offer cost-effective IT support services without compromising on quality. Our pricing plans are transparent, ensuring you get the best value for your investment.
- Partnership Approach: At Fusion IT, we believe in building long-term partnerships with our clients. We work closely with you to understand your business objectives and provide ongoing support and guidance to help you leverage technology for growth and success.
IT Support Contracts
Fusion’s IT support contracts bring your organisation all the benefits of an in-house IT department, without the expense.Jamie Watson, Managing Director, Fusion IT
An IT Support Contract is a legal agreement between your company and Fusion, outlining the terms and conditions of the technical support services that we will offer to your business. The contract will specify the scope of services, response times, and service level agreements, as well as the payment terms. Having an IT Support Contract in place provides clarity and peace of mind for both parties and ensures that your business will receive the technical support it needs to run smoothly and efficiently. It is essential to work with a reliable and experienced IT service provider like Fusion to ensure that the contract accurately reflects your needs and expectations.
From day one, you’ll have access to a whole team of IT specialists, with the expertise to make your IT system fast, efficient and productive. So your firm has the reassurance of a dedicated in-house team, at a fraction of the cost. And because our IT support team is based here, in Yorkshire; we’re never far away when you need us.
Trust is integral to the way we work and from the beginning we aim to build strong working relationships with our clients and provide simple, end-to-end solutions.
Needless to say, we will never try to sell you solutions you don’t need. That’s partly why as a business we don’t employ sales staff; we prefer our expertise to do the talking and only use the most experienced IT professionals with the skills to optimise your systems. What’s more, we’ll never try to blind you with science or hide behind industry jargon. We take time to explain everything we do in plain English.Jamie Watson, Managing Director, Fusion IT
What do we offer our clients with support contracts?
- Use of the Helpdesk function between the hours of 8:00am and 5:15pm, the helpdesk offers full SLA agreements, which differ depending on severity of the call. The helpdesk prides itself on picking up 99.2% of our calls in three rings
- Out of hours support contracts are available
- We are a one-stop-shop and will always work with third parties with your best interests at heart
- Remote access to all your workstations. servers and network devices
- Single point of contact for anything hardware, Windows, Office or Internet related
- Users can log calls directly with our Helpdesk
- Regular IT management meetings to discuss future projects, emerging technologies and IT related recurring costs
- Proactive monitoring of backups, servers, network infrastructure and provision of summary reports
- Regular patch and firmware monitoring
- Included with support contract will be any site visits that occur in relation to any of our supplied equipment
Security First – Fusion Enhanced Security (FES)
Here at Fusion IT we take security very seriously – as you would expect from an ISO27001 accredited organisation. With the rapidly escalating IT threat landscape, changing IT Best Practices and government legislation (GDPR) and the growth in remote working leading to increased security risk, we took the decision several years ago to include FES (Fusion Enhanced Security) in our support offering.
What is FES?
- FES v1.0 delivers enhanced security protection and alerting for IT Systems and user activity, by combining essential security maintenance and monitoring activities into one unique program.
- Realtime risks/weaknesses are immediately highlighted within your IT environment, and monthly summary reports are automatically sent out to keep you up to date with recent activity.
- This is a premium security product and service designed to keep your company’s IT environment secure, robust and healthy.
- We have developed FES v1.0 in line with IT Best Practice, current security threats and GDPR legislation.
How does it work?
FES draws data from all accessible systems within your network; highlighting areas of weaknesses/risks across your equipment, databases and software. FES then generates a summary report which is sent out to your company’s appointed technical contact. The report summarises: user accounts, age/health of machines, user activity, and any potential risk areas; informing you of areas of concern with advice on how to rectify and act on risk areas.
Proactively monitoring activity at user and server level
Simple reporting across multiple platforms and user accounts
One easy to read report emailed out monthly
Saving you money on monthly user subscriptions
Multiple layers of security in one product
Fusion Enhanced Security will evolve in line with changing technology, security threats and best practice so you can expect new FES product versions and updates to be released at regular intervals.
Frequent Asked Questions about IT Support
What does IT Support do?
IT support refers to the range of services provided by professionals to assist individuals or organisations with their information technology (IT) needs. The primary goal of IT support is to ensure the smooth functioning and optimal performance of computer systems, software applications, networks, and other IT infrastructure components.
Key responsibilities of IT support professionals
Troubleshooting: Identifying and resolving technical issues and problems encountered by users, such as software glitches, hardware failures, network connectivity problems, and other IT-related issues.
Helpdesk Support: Providing assistance to users via various channels like phone, email, chat, or in-person. This involves responding to queries, providing guidance, and resolving technical issues within a defined timeframe.
Software Installation and Configuration: Installing, updating, and configuring software applications on individual computers or across a network. This includes ensuring proper licensing, compatibility, and functionality.
Hardware Maintenance and Repair: Maintaining and repairing computer hardware components, including desktops, laptops, printers, servers, and other peripherals. This may involve diagnosing hardware failures, replacing faulty components, and conducting routine maintenance tasks.
Network Support: Setting up, configuring, and maintaining local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), routers, switches, and other networking devices. This includes troubleshooting network connectivity issues, optimizing network performance, and ensuring data security.
Data Backup and Recovery: Implementing and managing data backup systems to protect important files and information. In the event of data loss or system failures, IT support professionals help restore data from backups and minimize downtime.
Security Management: Assisting in implementing and maintaining security measures to protect systems and data from unauthorised access, malware, viruses, and other cyber threats. This involves installing security software, conducting vulnerability assessments, and educating users about best practices.
System Upgrades and Migration: Planning and executing system upgrades, software updates, and migrations to new platforms or technologies. This includes assessing compatibility, ensuring data integrity, and minimizing disruptions during the transition.
User Training and Documentation: Providing training and guidance to users on IT tools, software applications, and best practices. IT support professionals may also create and maintain documentation, including user manuals and troubleshooting guides.
Overall, IT support plays a crucial role in ensuring the smooth functioning of technology systems and addressing user concerns promptly, thereby enabling individuals and organisations to leverage technology effectively and efficiently.
What is 1st Line, 2nd Line and 3rd Line IT Support?
1st Line, 2nd Line, and 3rd Line IT Support, represent different levels of technical expertise and responsibilities within an IT support structure. Each ‘Line’ has specific roles and responsibilities in providing support to end-users or resolving complex technical issues.
IT Support Levels
1st Line IT Support
First line support is the initial point of contact for end-users seeking technical assistance.
Responsibilities include basic troubleshooting, triaging and resolving common IT issues, and providing general IT guidance. Common tasks involve password resets, software installations, printer configurations, and assisting with routine user inquiries. First line support focuses on resolving straightforward issues and escalating more complex problems to the next support level if necessary.
2nd IT Support
Second line support handles more advanced technical issues that require specialised knowledge and expertise. Responsibilities include in-depth troubleshooting, investigating and resolving complex software or hardware problems, and providing detailed technical guidance. Support technicians at this level may have expertise in specific software applications, systems, or areas of technology. They often work closely with first line support to receive escalated tickets and provide assistance in resolving more challenging issues.
3rd Line IT Support
Third line support consists of highly skilled and specialised IT professionals who deal with complex and critical issues. They possess in-depth knowledge of specific technologies, systems, or platforms. Responsibilities include advanced troubleshooting, system configuration, infrastructure design and implementation, and addressing intricate network or server-related problems. Third line support often collaborates with vendors or software developers to resolve complex issues or implement advanced solutions.
They may also be involved in planning and executing major system upgrades, security enhancements, or infrastructure changes.