PDF Bundler is an add-in within MatterSphere.
It allows you to select multiple documents from your MatterSphere documents and create a single bundle for them. It will also generate an index within the bundle if you wish and paginate.
There is the ability to email the bundle and also save it directly to your documents providing a record of what is in the bundle.
Extra features allow you to add to and remove from the existing bundle to generate a new one. This means updated bundles do not have to be re-created from scratch every time.
Creating a Bundle
Navigate to the Matter containing the documents to bundle
- Select Documents
- Select the documents you require by holding your Ctrl key on your keyboard and clicking on the grey box next to the document you wish to add.
- Click on Create PDF Bundle
A new window will open with a list of the selected documents displayed
In this section you have optional tasks. Use as necessary.
- Click Add – this will display all the documents on the matter and allow you to select ones not already added.
- Click Remove – Highlight the document you wish to be removed and then click on Remove
- Up or Down – Select a document and click Up or Down to change its position in the list
- Edit Document Description – Highlight a document click Edit Document Description. This will allow you to change the Title of the document if necessary
It is mandatory to add a Bundle Description.
- Type in an appropriate title for the bundle to ensure you can identify it later as you may produce more than one bundle on the matter
Options are a series of tick boxes to include and generate specific items. Some of these will be ticked by default. Always check and ensure the correct options are selected.
This displays the email address of who will receive the created bundle. The bundle should ideally be checked prior to going out to its final recipient so it is best to email this to someone working on the matter
- Click Finish to complete the bundle
An email will be sent as specified from which the bundle can be viewed. This could be sent on as it is but this does not display the bundle name.
The bundle is displayed in PDF format.
The bundle is also visible in the Matter documents as a PDF document (only if this option was selected). This can now be sent as an attachment.
Re-creating and Amending Previous Bundles
Should you need to add to or remove items from this bundle or use a previous one to generate a new one this can be done from the Previous PDF Bundle option in your Matter Documents.
This now displays all previous bundles
From the next screen we can now Add, Remove or change order of documents.
If you are wanting to generate a new bundle and not just amend the existing one then you must follow the next steps:
- Change the Bundle Description
- Check the appropriate Options
- Select the correct Bundle Recreation Options
- Click Finish
There are now 2 bundles available on this matter
If you already have bundler installed and would like further information or training please contact our training team via [email protected]
If you do not have PDF Bundler installed as part of your MatterSphere package and would like to know how to access this please do not hesitate to contact us.