What is Format Painter
Format Painter copies formats of numbering, paragraph styles, text and layouts and allows you to paste these onto other areas in documents.
Why is formatting important?
Utilising formatting correctly will help you to produce and maintain consistent layouts and professional looking documents and correspondence.
- Wherever possible use a template in your company’s HouseStyle
- When adding numbering to a document always use the auto number or outline number option
- Never manually type paragraph numbers in as this may result in you having to manually re-number an entire document when you have just changed one.
Using Format Painter
Numbering & Bullets
- Click on an auto number in the document until it is highlighted then select Format Painter.
Wherever you now click a new number will appear, which will be part of the list and in the correct format. It will also have re-numbered proceeding numbers.
Format Painter can also be used to copy the format of text/headings/styles etc to other pieces of text.
- Highlight the format style you wish to copy then select Format Painter
- Highlight the text to be re-formatted (see below) once you have dragged over and released your click the text will re-format.
Top Tip: Double Click Format Painter and you will continue to re-format any text you choose until you click back on Format Painter to de-select.
Using this tool is quick, efficient and the best way to maintain document/style consistency.
Training on all elements of Formatting are available from basic level to advanced, call Fusion to discuss your requirements.
Please see the linked training video & guide