Set default versioning against precedent templates
This will allow each document that is produced by that precedent to have its own unique default versioning levels.
- Individual settings on precedents will take precedence over system wide settings
- Can be applied to default templates too
- Allows for greater control over differing document requirements.
Case Study Example:
Firmwide settings are set that all document versioning is set by default to “Overwrite” and although versioning can be specifically selected when a user goes through the save wizard at each save, if the user has quick save applied or does not go through the save wizard in full then any changes will be overwritten by default and no version created.
However if the precedent template that the document is based on was set to produce e.g. Major Versions then when saving even through quick save then a version would be created by default and a user would have to go through the save wizard and specifically choose to overwrite if one was not required.
This scenario can also be applied in reverse if Firmwide settings are for all documents to produce a version on save then adding the default versioning to the precedent template can mean specific documents/letters would be set to overwrite regardless of systemwide settings.
Where to set default versioning
This must be done through the Admin Kit.
- Open the Precedent you wish to set versioning on.
- From Properties panel select Document Versioning
- Click on the three dots as shown below
- Select the required option and click OK
- Click Save and then Close the Precedent.
For any further information please contact Sharon Brook on 01484 500767 or via email email@example.com