What is Compare
Compare Documents is a tool that allows you to compare one document against another by creating a new document containing track changes. This allows you to view all or any changes that you may not know about, without having to alter any previous documents.
What can I compare?
- Documents with a specific version eg. v4 compared with v1 etc
- With Document on the same matter
- With a Document on the same Client but different matter
How can I save the comparison document?
- As a version or revision of the original document
- As a version or revision of the current document
- As a new document
If you intend to save the comparison document as a version of a document then you may need to select the Flag as Latest Version tick box to ensure that this is the version you will view if you double click to open the document or you send as an attachment.
Example of Compare
You can choose to open either the new document to compare against an older one or open the older one to compare against the new one. Mattersphere will prompt you to select which document you wish to choose as the original. This will ensure you see the changes in the correct way.
- Open the Matter containing the document
- Open the document to compare
- Select the Current Document Tab
- Click on With Latest to access the compare tool
Follow all the steps that follow and refer to the Guide attached to this post
For further assistant please see the Guide below also refer to previous blogs on Track Changes