Mental Health Awareness Week
I’ve been playing about recently with the KPI functionality within SharePoint 2010:
- I set myself up with a Status List
- Created a few performance indicators
- Loaded the KPI Status List webpart
Then I encountered a problem – I needed to filter the list of KPIs by the current user. Simple right? No. Every other list you can filter by the current user but not the Status List. Even if you apply the filter to the view, the filter doesn’t apply and there doesn’t seem to a way to connect the webpart to a current user filter either.
I could use a standard content query webpart but then I don’t get the nice indicators (I don’t even see a way to display the actual key value)
So unless anyone has any other ideas I have two options
- Create my own custom webpart
- (The easier option) Use SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) to build the users KPI list and show that on the page instead.