Searching for Documents
In the final blog of this series on finding documents quickly we continue to look at document searching by utilising Filters
To access a full document search:
- From within MS Word select the Home Tab
- Click the drop down list on View
- Click on Open Document
A document is marked in MatterSphere as either Inward or Outbound.
- Inward – any document/email that has been either imported or saved from an external source or an incoming email
- Outbound – any document created from within MatterSphere or any outgoing email saved into MatterSphere.
This allows you to be able to filter against whether it is inward or outbound, especially useful to differentiate between incoming and outgoing emails.
By default all searches are set to show In and Out
- Click Inward to show incoming emails/documents etc.
- Click Outbound to show outgoing emails/documents etc.
Document Filtering will allow you to filter on the current records returned by selecting the preset filter options as shown below
- Expand the options by clicking on the +
- Tick the boxes to select
The Records Returned will filter immediately displaying documents that only match the specified criteria.
You can select any combination of filters.
As we have now gone through all elements of document searching in this and the previous 4 blog posts, please note that you can use all options in combination with each other. See the example below
- Search Type: All Clients & Matters
- Filter: Application Type + Fee Earner + Created Between + 0 Records to Return
- Document Filtering: Document Type = Letterhead
- Direction Filter: Outbound
- Quick Search: Client Care
See the Guide below for further information. Should you require any further training please contact the Training Team at Fusion who will be happy to discuss arranging training on all areas of searching.