Using Filters on Documents in a Matter
There are several inbuilt filters that you can use in from the Documents screen within your individual matters.
Change the Search Types to Documents Search for Matter
- Click on the drop down lists in order to choose what to filter against
- Description field is free text and can be typed in.
- Change the Max No of Records to Return to 0 so that all matching documents are returned
- Use single filters or a combination e.g. Associate and created between to narrow down the number of documents returned.
Will allow you to select from the different types of MatterSphere document (sample as shown below)
If documents are stored in specific wallets you can view them here
Will filter by the application type e.g. Word, Excel, PDF etc.
Filter by Associates on the matter
Type in part or all of the document description
Created By, Updated By & Authored By
Allows you to select a name for any of the above fields
Created Between, Updated Between & Authored Between
Will allow you to filter between a set of given dates of when a document was either created, authored or updated.
- When your selection has been made click on the Search button
Your documents will now be filtered and should match the designated criteria.
NB: There is a limit of up to 200 documents returned within the document list – to overcome this use Document Search not Document List. This can be found on the Search Types. There is more about Document Search in the upcoming series of tips.