It is common knowledge that these days a business relies on data and the preservation of that data. If a company was to lose all of their data then in many cases it could spell the end of the business itself. One way to protect data is to perform regular data backups and the best practice and perhaps minimum requirement is for a business to have some kind of server with a reguar backup routine and additional security to protect from unwanted virus attacks etc.
Traditionally a server would be the most expensive item in any IT network as they are designed to be on 24 hours a day, seven days a week so the hardware is designed in such a way to accomodate this and therefore more expensive.
Whilst many small businesses and indeed new start ups can see the benefits of owning their own server they can not always afford the initial outlay for the expensive hardware.
So, the solution would be to rent a virtual server. With internet speeds on the increase it is a viable solution to a problem that many small businesses have. We at Fusion can supply a virtual server which has all of the features of a hardware based solution for a small monthly rental cost. The benefits are as follows;
- The server is available all of the time
- Users can work from anywhere with an internet connection
- There are no hidden charges – just one monthly fee
- Backups are done remotley so no need to change tapes etc
- The state of the server is backed up meaning that a full restore is quick an simple
- All emails are stored on the server which is backed up
To find out more about how virtualisation can benefit your business and also the many other features please contact us where one of our consultants will be more than happy to speak to you.